At Vigilant, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a company like no other in Montreal. We design and deploy technology and infrastructure solutions for use in global financial markets, so you’ll gain exposure to both the finance and tech industries. Our formula for success is really simple: we use best in class technology to drive our business and employ naturally motivated people in an environment that inspires innovation. If this sounds like you, then keep reading:
The Security Engineer will act as the primary security expert in the Montreal office. To flourish in this role, you should have a strong drive to learn and improve. And when it comes to new technology, you’ll enjoy researching and evaluating new solutions using custom and commercial testing tools. This role will work closely with technology and business teams based in Montreal and with the other members of the global Security team in the US. Some occasional travel to our Chicago HQs office will be required.
If you want to be part of a company that values and recognizes your skills, your ambition and your ideas, you’ll have:
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX Operating Systems
- Knowledge of core Networking Concepts
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) products
- Experience with data analysis of even data in security related sources such as IPS, Web Security, Endpoint Protection, Event Logs
- Experience with an interpreted language such Python, Ruby, or Perl
- Have a passion for IT, Technology, and Security
- Worked in an InfoSec role for at least three years
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
As a Security Engineer for Vigilant, here are some of the things you’ll focus on:
- Analyzing and responding to security events
- Performing SIEM event correlation and detection
- Keeping up-to-date on Infosec related trends and events affecting financial institutions
- Assessing security risks as they relate to new projects and initiatives
- Collaborating with internal Infosec peers to continuously improve security posture
- Educating users on security best practices
Why are we one of the Top Employers in Montreal for 5 years running?
- Our competitive salary and bonus structure
- A comprehensive benefits program starting on the first day of employment for you and your dependents and significant others
- The opportunity to continually re-train and learn new skills as to keep pace with the latest trends in the industry
- Transportation - we pay for your train pass, bus pass, parking – even Bixi!
- Breakfast, lunch & snacks – every day
- A commitment to the community and 40 hours of annual paid volunteer time
- A casual environment where you work with passionate, smart people who care much more about how you think than what you wear!