At Vigilant, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a company like no other in Montreal. We design and deploy technology and infrastructure solutions for use in the global financial markets, so you’ll gain exposure to both the finance and tech industries. Our formula for success is really simple: we use best in class technology to drive our business and employ naturally motivated people in an environment that inspires innovation. If this sounds like you, then keep reading:
Our Market Intelligence team is looking for a passionate Data Specialist intern which is an entry level role within our Team that will also work in close collaboration with our Data Acquisition Team. You will be relied upon to assist in the preparation of several research reports by collecting and processing macroeconomic data from different websites.
If you want to be part of a company that values and recognizes your skills, your ambition and your ideas, you’ll have:
- Self-motivation, hardworking skills and be enthusiastic
- A University Degree in Finance, Economics, or Computer Science
- Able to multitask and expect several time sensitive ad hoc requests
- Exceptional attention to detail and data gathering skills
- Easiness with learning & adapting to proprietary tools, systems and database systems
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (ie: Excel macros, Outlook & Word)
- An interest in learning about global markets, world economies, and how information is disseminated
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and Reuters Eikon terminals (an asset)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
(And if you are a new graduate, we want to talk to you too!)
As a Data Specialist Intern for Vigilant, here are some of the things you’ll focus on:
- Preparing for upcoming trades by compiling quantitative data into reports for use by analysts & strategists
- Collaborating with the research & trading teams in both pre & post trade analysis by preparing tables and graphs that will be used to generate research reports
- Recording market reactions of trades by using millisecond precision timestamps to request and compile large sets of tick data
- Ensuring all reports are complete and validating that the information is precise and in proper format
- Assisting with updating spreadsheets and databases along with ad hoc data entry requests
- Keeping abreast of all market developments on a real time basis by monitoring markets using Bloomberg, Reuters & other sources
- Monitoring the web release of Economic Indicators & Central Banks across different department websites
- Collaborating with different teams to create the new tools required to fulfil this mandate
- Preparing web analytics reports incorporating tables and graphs that will be used to compare web dissemination versus traditional dissemination
Why are we one of the Top Employers in Montreal for 5 years running?
- Our competitive salary and bonus structure
- A comprehensive benefits program starting on the first day of employment for you and your dependents and significant others
- The opportunity to continually re-train and learn new skills as to keep pace with the latest trends in the industry
- Transportation - we pay for your train pass, bus pass, parking – even Bixi!
- Breakfast, lunch & snacks – every day
- A commitment to the community and 40 hours of annual paid volunteer time
- A casual environment where you work with passionate, smart people who care much more about how you think than what you wear!